May May May i speak?

it's more than i can contain
more than i can maintain
am i big enough for this?

and who am i anyways
working towards something bigger than me
working for something i can't see...

...just hear

and i hear you almost everyday
not sure of all the ways
i hear
but you do, do, do talk to me

and I'm sort of sure that you're proud of me
and I'm almost sure that you love me
and I'm pretty sure that I'll never do it all right
but I'm completely sure you'll be there on the other side.

so what can i bring
these small hands
tossing sand at
miles of sea

so what can i bring
these small words
chasing ideals
i can't see

so the picture is painted
it's bigger than i
and I'm looking up at the vast expanse
of this broken sky

and i know you want to work
and i know you have spoken
and i know you made plans
and I'm completely sure you'll be there on the other side.
I'm completely sure you'll be there on the other side.

0 comments: