Small Things

I am so blessed. I feel that I am blessed beyond comparison.
This has been such an amazing month for me.
I've been overwhelmed by God and his goodness, his gifts, his presence, his encouragement for my life.
I'm not sure how I deserve to be so rich in all things that matter, but it seems to be the way this spring season has started.

And yet, I can't help wonder again and again why I, of all people, am on the receiving end of so much love.
Who am I?
Why me?
Why not the next lonely girl?

There are so many people in this world, down your street, down mine, living their lives feeling completely alone.
Their feelings are justly so, as they are truly alone.

HOW CAN IT BE?

I want to love. I want to bless.
(no, it's not just that...)

You know what?
I want to be a person that loves first. that blesses first.

BECAUSE

What good is it if I only love those that love me?
What good is it if I only bless those that are in the position of blessing me?

Then it ends with me.

I don't want the fruit of God's love to die in my hands, selfishly hording it, gorging myself on it, and never scattering seeds, never seeing new fruit.

What good is my loved one's investment in me if I don't in turn love?
They might as well be hiding their cash in their mattresses.

I can only offer what I have.
Yet God has blessed me beyond comparison.
I have much.
What can I do with it?

I'm glad God is big enough to use small things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Been there and now i am in my testing stage. God work at times are hidden with riddles. But trust me, the why..may be revealed in due time. All the best..my friend. Keep the Faith and always wear a smile in your heart...you will know what to do.

Becky said...

Great post, Crystal! So true...it's easy to love people who are loving and blessing me...a little harder to step out and love/bless those who might not love or bless me back. But that's what we're called to!